Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Impromptu Holiday Activity Party

I am working hard this year to live in the moment this holiday break and cherish every minute I can with my children.  They are only this age for a short time and I don't want to look back and think why didn't we ever do that.  I already have some of those regrets with our oldest!  SO we made a "bucket list" of things we wanted to do as a family this holiday break.  One of those activities was to have a small holiday party with some of my girls' friends.  SO I planned an impromptu party for 8 girls and 3 activities and I kept it simple with food and had hot chocolate, whipped cream, peppermint sticks, bagels, cream cheese & juice. 

We made powdered donut snowmen...which they made and then ate:)


Using inspiration and a downloadable header from Eighteen25 we made "Holiday Bucket Lists". For these I picked up 8x10 plastic frames for $2.50 each, a HUGE pack of patterned scrapbook paper for $5 and a pack of dry erase markers for $6.97 all from Walmart. The girls LOVED it. They used the finished projects as dry erase boards to make lists, draw pictures, make more lists. I could have made these much cuter but I wanted to keep it simple and easy for the girls - and cheap:)


And finally we made holiday flour sacks/towels.  I posted about these here.  You could also just print out your TAGXEDO on cardstock and frame it as a gift:)

No comments:

Post a Comment