Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Flour Sacks with TAGXEDO

My friend "G" is the bomb.  She always sends me the the BEST activity sites!!  She introduced me to WORDLE which I love.  It's a site that makes word clouds and I have used it to make MANY gifts, cards, and all kinds of things.  I thought it was the best site...until "G" sent me the link to TagxedoTagxedo is basically WORDLE on steroids. It can make your word cloud a specific shape.  I know what you are thinking - WHY do I care about word clouds and what in the world would I do with a word cloud shape?!!  Well take a look at these flour sack dish towels my girls and their friends whipped out today. 


This project took about 15 minutes and cost less than $2 per towel.  I helped each child make a tagxedo jpeg file with holiday words they entered on the TAGXEDO site, printed it on iron on transfer paper and ironed it on flour sacks I picked up at Walmart.  I literally spent about 10 minutes figuring it out so the number one tip I would pass on is to make sure you click the ALL button - otherwise it will omit some of the words you have loaded.  It basically works just like WORDLE in that the more times you enter a word the larger it appears, you separate words by commas and you add a tilde sign ~ to keep words together.  After the short time I've played with it I like it better than WORDLE because  you can adjust how large a frequency word appears and it allows you to save your image as a JPEG file.  For holiday you can make your word clouds in the shape of a snowman, a star, a tree, a peace sign, the word joy and the word love.  You could also just print out your tagxedo jpeg file on cardstock and frame it.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment