Our class will be making a "Tin Man" scarecrow. My plan is to use:
- a box for the body
- 2 dryer vent hoses (metallic accordion) - these will be the arms & legs
- TWO 90 degree angle dryer hose connectors (silver) - these will be the "shoulders"
- a funnel (to use as a hat)
- a plastic milk carton - to use as the head
- a mask - this will be glued to the flat side of the milk carton and spray painted silver to make a face on the Tin Man
- a plastic toy ax - for the tin man to hold
- a SMALL bale of straw or hay - just for effect
So here was our finished product. We took 3rd place.And here is why I may never commission a 1st place scarecrow...because this is my competition:) Isn't this AMAZING?!!
If you need some more ideas click here for a GREAT site that has TONS of ideas along with pictures.