Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Holiday Shirts 2010

It's that time of year! You know, shopping for gifts and realizing how outrageously expensive everything is - or maybe how cheap I really am. I like to take this time of year and browse the stores (Starbucks in hand) looking at all the amazing new nifty items.....and then I try to rip the ideas off for WAY less. You know, it's in the holiday spirit and all...plus that saves more money for Starbucks. What? HELLO, it's peppermint mocha season, oh and don't forget those peppermint brownies (which I am working on perfecting a recipe I'll post later this month).

Take these adorable holiday koozies. Now are these not precious?!! If you want them they are $10 (which I actually would purchase for that price) at your local Hallmark store. Or....


You could have your MIL (shout out to JeJe) purchase these shirts and then trust you to rip the idea off and make your precious babies (and cousins, but only the ones that didn't ban gifts;) these holiday shirts. And BONUS, you don't have to applique this year. OK, maybe the boy tie shirts but really I'm a little over the applique - at least my sewing machine is. It's not very friendly with Heat-N-Bond. Who knew?

Now don't look to close. Beenah, Amie you can look away now. This was my first one so I've got some work to do. I plan on adding a brown trunk - but I was too excited not to share. The best part about this project is that you can purchase shirts at Walmart anywhere from $3.50-$5.00 (toddler or children's is the difference in price), the ribbon I bought on sale at Hobby Lobby for $1 a spool (that would easily make you 6-8 shirts depending how big you make the tabs) and the star button was 2 for $2.49 at Hobby Lobby. I did put some FrayCheck on the edges of the ribbon - but basically I made the shirt in the picture for $5:) Not to bad!! Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment